Thursday 4 June 2020

Jacklex Indian Gunners 'rediscovered'

As you know I have converted some Indian gunners for Jack's Madhists forces.  These were essentially the Jacklex Indian Mountain Gun crew.  When I did the conversions for the Sudanese Standard bearer I went back to some pictures I had taken of Jack's Colonial army that Bob had laid out on his table to have a look at the Sudanese figures.  By chance Bob had set up an Indian Gun crew next to them and these were standing around a field gun.  



The more I looked at the pictures I had taken and others I had taken a couple of years ago I couldn't find the Indian Mountain Gun crew in Jack's collection.  I then went to the jacklexminiatures.com website and discovered that Mark Lodge didn't have the set of 'standing'  Indian Gunners that Jack had in his army.  Really odd! 

I contacted Mark and sent him the set of figures which after cleaning turned out to be a set of 4 conversions that Jack had made.  The heads don't match any of the other figures in the Indian army range so they are not simple head swaps. These conversions must have been made over 40 years ago and have never been part of the Jacklex range till now.

I pleased to say that Mark has now recast them and they are available from jacklexminiatures.com





I like the addition of the 'tassle?' from the centre of the turban.  It gives them a certain flair.

It makes you wonder are there any other missing Jacklex figures out there?  Do you have anything, if so please get in touch.  We are also looking for the list of Jacklex figures which was produced by the Harrow Model Shop in the 1980s.  Finally, any pictures of the dioramas which were in the model shop and that were sold when the shop closed.





No comments:

Post a Comment