Sunday 25 October 2015

54mm HMS Warrior


One of the things Jack says he likes best is making model ships.  For a while he has mentioned to Bob and I that he wanted to make a 54mm scale model of HMS Warrior.  After telling us about it on and off for a year and the fact that to scale the model would be huge, he set out making a 54mm 'representation' of HMS Warrior.  The model is splendid but big. There were times when I didn't think he would get it out of the room.  It is made with foam board and cardboard with Jack casting the guns and other bits he needed as he went along.

The final model is just over 5 feet in length and 2 foot 6inches in height! and yes, the deck guns do swivel as well.

She dwarfs the 54mm 'Dapper Class Gunboat' which is 2 foot long and the 20mm River gunboat in the foreground.  More pictures of the gunboat to appear soon.


HMS Warrior in all her glory











Jack's 54mm launch alongside the Warrior


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of 54mm scale models. Very inspiring. I have added you to my blog list and are eagerly looking forward to more of the same. Is it possible to add myself as a follower on your website? I could not see a way to do it. Otherwise, it's all good. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry I have now added the followers gadget. Can you let me have your blog address? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day. Just added myself as a follower. My blog address http://scratchbuiltarmour.blogspot.com.au/
    Cheers
    Col

    ReplyDelete