Thursday 31 August 2017

Found in the Scrap Box at Jack's. Can you help to identify?

I was over at Jack's trying to find some moulds and I came across these figures in a box of scarp figures.  I have no idea who made them and Jack can't recall.  Does anyone recognise these?

All the figures are 20mm

Figure 1

French WW1 or Polish WW2?  

Same figure just one has lost his bayonet.




Figure 2 
WW2 Germans




Figure 3
WW2 German Paratrooper
This figure was designed without a base.  I used a bit of 'blu-tac' jjust to keep him upright for the pictures







Figure 4

WW1 German or Franco Prussian War Prussian?.  
The figure is very slight.  On first impressions it looks less than 20mm simply because it is thin.  However, when you stand it next to one of the figures shown above it is roughly the same height.




Any help would be appreciated.  
.

11 comments:

  1. The French figures look like Raventhorpe sculpts to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pointer, much appreciated. One down maybe and 3 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure the French are Raventhorpe. Could the Germans (all of them) be Miltra?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Miltra makes sense to me because Jack did work for Bish. I remember seeing at Jack's a long while ago a Polish cavalry figure on a horse - very long legged horse - which Jack said was from the range and a 3 horse machine gun team but haven't seen them since. This also made me think the infantry figure might also be Polish.

      Delete
  4. The last figure (Prussian FPW) might be an old Scruby figure. He did make French, Prussian, and Bavarian 25mm figures for the FPW. Even though it looks like a Scruby, especially the back view, it is rather rough for one of his figures. But maybe the mould was wearing out.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addendum: Even though Scruby figures were listed as 25mm, most of the ones I have are closer to 22-23mm to the eyes.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen any of the Scuby range. I had it in my head that they were bulky figures, don't know why. This figure definitely runs out at 25mm but because it is 'thin' it looks smaller if that makes sense?

      Delete
  6. Numbers 1 to 3 have the look of Bish Iwasko/Miltra about them and 4 looks like some of the Rose Miniature figures I bought years ago.

    Good luck with your search,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bob
    Many thanks for taking the time to comment.
    As I have said above the Miltra and Bish connection seems the most likely. Interesting thought about Rose Miniatures. I am going to give these figures back to Jack now I have photographed them, but what do you do with 1 FPW figure and 4 figures from a lost range?

    ReplyDelete
  8. #4 isn't Rose. Their 20mm WW1 Germans are very different, much more detailed, and they didn't do FPW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last one looks like a converted Hinchclife Napoleonic British. The French are Raventhorpe I think, I have it as a Foreign Legionary 1900 in my collection.

    ReplyDelete