Thursday 16 April 2020

Alternative Russian Standard bearer found after years of looking

Many years ago when Bob and I were trying to convince Jack to make a Russian Infantry Standard Bearer with not much success, so I started to have a go myself by converting the British Standard bearer. 




I cut away the packs on the back of the British figure and added a blanket roll with 'green stuff' to match Jack's infantryman.   I never finished the figure and I then lost it in my loft.  I knew it was about somewhere but I looked everywhere to no avail and as the years passed by I gave up on it.

Eventually, as a result of the cancer diagnosis I decided to pack away my table in the loft and bring my paints down a floor.  In the process of moving furniture around, my wife found the figure which must have fallen down the back of a cupboard.

I decided to finish the job and give him a coat of paint.  I think he looks rather nice and the years haven't aged him.  The brilliant flag is from the 1966 and all that blogsite.








9 comments:

  1. Returned to the Colours - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, I was pleased with the way he came out.

      Delete
  2. A truly wonderful Blog to read.

    I remember back in the 70's Steve Hezzlewood purchasing some Jacklex Colonial figures.

    Jack is a top model-maker.

    Pleased to read he has returned home.

    Regards
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ray, Jack was still adding to the range in his 80's although not all were commercially available. The current range being sold by jacklexminiatures.com is the most extensive ever. Although I have found another gun team which Mark Lodge doesn't have in amongst Jack's Colonial army. So I'll be passing a set on to him to add to his range - hopefully. I'll pass on your best wishes to Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great conversion and one that I might undertake myself for the Russo-Japanese war. Can I ask again where the flag came from as having trouble trying to find it.

    Best regards

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, glad you liked the conversion, the flags are from the '1866 and all that blog' under Free Stuff. Excellent work and a number of different Christian and Muslim Regimental flags.

      Delete
  5. Love the conversion and one that I will undertake after completing my Japanese army. Can I ask again where the flag can from as having trouble finding it. Have managed to find Japanese flags but having trouble with the Russians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi the flags can from the @1866 and all that' blog and are in the Free stuff section. There are a number of different ones. Really nice quality

      Delete
  6. Yep, have found them. Have asked if he does any Cossack standards. They are great. Many thanks for your help.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete