Thursday 2 November 2017

More Miltra bits? - German Paratrooper and rifles

As I mentioned in an earlier blog I found a mould at Jack's which was marked German Paratrooper.  I finally got back to Jack's to get him to run a couple of figures to see what they looked liked and to get your view on whether this in fact a Miltra figure.




The figure comes with open hands and no weapon.  Whilst Jack was casting this and some other bits I had a further rummage around and found a mould marked German rifle. This is definitely not a Jacklex rifle but again I know next to nothing about Miltra and the weapons that were made available with the figures so don't know if it is connected with the range.  Not a bad casting given the age of the mould.

Unfortunately Jack's can't remember.  The rifle straps didn't quite come out quite right but this was just the first try and there is a little flash on the rifle bolt which makes it look like a flintlock in the picture (it isn't). Any thoughts?


I also found a couple of other figures lurking in the bottom of the 'to melt box' which I have rescued and put to one side.  Again I think these are lost Miltra figures.


So I now have a bag of odds and sods of figures and 2 moulds (assuming they are Miltra).  I will keep looking and posting.






6 comments:

  1. Hi I have a bunch of packets of Miltra German weapons

    GW1 has 5 Kar 98 per pack
    GW2 has 5 panzerscrecks per pack
    GW3 has 10 MP40 per pack
    GW4 has 15 panzerfausts per pack
    GW5 has 5 MG42 per pack
    GW8 has 1 MG42 with tripod per pack
    GW10 has 1 120mm mortar per pack

    They are all high quality castings and certainly the rifle in your post isn't Miltra.

    I've got 26 packets in total. If Jack would like any of these let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS all the figures are definitely Miltra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the multiple posts: the rifle in your picture, given your comment about flash and not being a flintlock, looks like the standard Jacklex one to me, the clues being the length of the bayonet and the size and shape of the sling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Many thanks for the information, most helpful as always. Jack isn't in to WW2. Nothing post the Boer War and nothing pre ACW but thank you for the kind offer of some weapons. I now have a small collection of Miltra bits and the Paratrooper mould. Not sure what Jack wants to do with them, but it seems a shame just to melt them and the mould will just go hard if it isn't used.
    Interesting about the rifle. The other mould is marked German Rifle compared to the mould for the Jacklex ones it looks different both in the construction of the mould - the way it is vented which isn't like any of Jack's older moulds and the appearance of rifle itself in the mould. In any event I take it that Miltra didn't do a rifle? It is quite 'tall' in the hands of the Para so you are probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly isn't the Miltra WWII rifle (Kar 98) which is much more detailed and has no sling.

    If it's marked German rifle I wonder if it's the separate rifle for the running WWI German figure. This is pictured on the Spencer Smith web site ere:
    http://www.spencersmithminiatures.co.uk/H1-1-.jpg
    and the rifle he is holding certainly looks like it could be the same as yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. The running figure looks right. I also found the mould for the back pack which I have been using for various conversions. Excellent research. Many thanks you have cracked it.

    ReplyDelete