Thursday 7 December 2017

Yet another Miltra item - The Parachute

I posted a picture of a Miltra German Paratrooper cast from a mould I found at Jack's  and the Vintage Wargamer was able to identify this and the rifle which I also posted.  He signposted copies of the Miltra catalogue and articles on his Old Metal Detector blog site.  It was whilst browsing this that I came across a picture and article referencing Miltra Parachutes. 
It says that there are/were a range of 'vacuum formed Parachutes'
 I recognised this as something I had seen in a dusty box in Jack's garage and here it is.






The Parachute itself is made of some sort of rubber.  It hasn't perished at all despite the 'hostile conditions' in which it has been stored or its age. Just covered in dust and grime.

I appreciate that this isn't the most inspiring thing ever posted but it may just be the only one of it's kind left so it may make this little bit of rubber a bit unique!

8 comments:

  1. What a interesting find a bit of wargaming archeology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen this over the years in a box of bits in Jack's garage and always wondered what it was. Apart from the dirt it is in amazing condition. Built to last!

      Delete
  2. Certainly a surprising survival. I never thought I'd see an actual one of these

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it hadn't been for you pointing me at your Old Metal Detector site I wouldn't have realised what this was! My pile of Miltra bits is growing. Not sure what to do with it!
    looking at it and wondering whatever happened to all the masters. Any thoughts? He tells me he made the rotational moulds and cast many of the figures in his garage which is probably why I keep finding bits in different corners! Still dusty boxes and odd piles of metal still to be looked at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure what went wrong but a bit of my reply has gone astray. Jack was wondering what happened to the masters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barry Wally soon to be ex-of-MMS was involved with Miltra as well as Bish and Jack, wasn't he? Maybe he would know more. Mike ex-of-Trux said the moulds were shot and junked, but I don't think he ever said anything about the masters

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was Walby - predictive text strikes again!

    ReplyDelete