Sunday 24 May 2020

Jacklex Japanese as Mexican regulars More conversions with a paint brush

Many years ago Bob, Jack and I played a game with Jack's Japanese infantry being given Mexican flags on the basis that the uniforms were similar to the Mexican regular army.




In the final of these 'conversion with a paint brush blogs'  here's another brilliant set.  Talking to Mark Lodge of jacklexminiatures.com about how figures could be used from different ranges, he sent me these pictures which show just how versatile the Jacklex figures can be with a simple paint job.  When I first saw these pictures, I genuinely thought they were a new range.  So now regular Mexicans taking on Pershing's force or Mexican revolutionaries can come to life by mixing the ranges. 




French 75mm and Mexican gun crew


 










5 comments:

  1. I thought you were just going to say ‘give them a zapata moustache’.... Again, a great example of how a little imagination can work wonders. When I made 10mm figures it never failed to amaze me how many people wanted figures that could easily be reproduced by a different paint job, or with a few chops with a scalpel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeffers, you are so right about if the figure isn't labled 'a' or 'b' then you can't use it as anything else. Uniforms a bit like anything else seem to follow trends with a bit of personalisation. Rather than be radically different for each country. It is also great to be able to use your imagination and see the same thing slighlty differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uwe, glad you liked the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading your posts and following your blog. Awesome stuff! This is a period I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Sterling brush work.
    Cheers, Sgt G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I couldn't agree more about the paintwork. These figures work really well for the Mexican Regulars. Glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete