Wednesday 20 May 2020

Japanese Command group

Having made a mounted officer for the Egyptian infantry by simply putting the Cavalry Officer on a stationary horse and filing away his pistol, I thought that some of Jack's other armies could benefit from similar command figures.  

I had already made a little command group for the 1904 Russians - but with 'moving horses', I decided that the Japanese ought to have a command base as well.  Since Jack made a cavalry standard bearer for the Japanese, I thought it would be nice to combine an officer and standard bearer. I asked Mark Lodge of jacklexminiatures.com for the two cavalry figures on standing horses, rather than the galloping horse the figures are normally provided with and I am pleased with the results.



 These are on a temporary base, I think they will look better on a round base with a bit more space between the figures. Which is exactly what Bob did with them what an improvement.


4 comments:

  1. Love them. have just converted a ACW mounted officer into a Japanese General, will have to do a mounted standard and an ADC to go with him.
    Excellent work and keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin glad you like them. Forgot all about the ACW Union General! Excellent idea!

      Delete
  2. Excellent little group. If I weren't saving my pocket money for Mark's new French in Mexico I would be buying into the Russo-Japanese figure range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matt, The French Intervention force looks interesting. If you are using some of the ACW figures as Mexicans (white uniform with blue kepi) you could make them a command standard or for the French. The French Foreign Legion mounted figure on a standing horse would give a mounted general and he could also hold a standard. Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete