Sunday 31 January 2016

20mm unreleased Jacklex figures

Here's a bit of a teaser, Bob and I visited Jack today to take some more pictures of his collection.  I have been having a bit of difficulty casting some figures from the moulds I had and asked Jack if he could have a go.  

Whilst we were in his garage and he was casting, Bob had a hunt through all the moulds on his work bench and draws and came across three 20mm Colonial Jacklex moulds which neither of us had ever seen before:

a Mounted British Naval Officer, 
a British Colonial Infantry Standard Bearer and 
a Colonial Highland Infantry Standard Bearer.

Jack couldn't remember making the standard bearers - never part of his original range as he points out the British never took flags into the field at that time.  However, I do remember Jack saying to me that many years ago our mutual friend Stuart Asquith asked him to make a standard bearer for his armies.  These may be them.  Anyway we got Jack to cast some up.  I'll be painting them up and the Mounted Naval Officer in the near future, so watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to get my hands on one of each of those standard bearers. Have been collecting Jacklex for a few years now. Peter who currently produces them lives not far from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Peter has them, but you can try. As I mentioned it was a surprise to us - and Jack - as he had forgotten about them. They were in amongst a lot of moulds in a draw. A chance find by Bob. I think that they are sort of conversions of the Japanese standard bearer. Bob and I have been trying to convince Jack over the years to make a Russian standard bearer. Now that would be useful.

    ReplyDelete